The power supply features a high current toroidal power transformer along with high power (71WVDC) filter capacitors with a total 100,000µF capacitance to easily handle sharp short-term transient peaks.
Featuring our unique current feedback discrete power amp output stages that are identical for all channels, the MM8077 is equipped with multiple high current discrete power transistors that feature high slew rate and wide operating bandwidth to extract the most detail from today’s high resolution audio formats.
The output devices are mounted on our unique dual extruded aluminum alloy heat sink assembly, configured in a tunnel arrangement that provides both passive and active cooling. The massive heat sinks feature multiple ribbed fins that provide a large passive cooling area, and the assembly is book-ended with a whisper quiet fan that automatically kicks in to provide near silent active cooling when the soundtrack heats up. As the fan is mounted internally directly to the heat sinks, and not externally to the chassis cover as is often the case, even when it’s running, it’s designed to be whisper quiet.
For maximum connectivity, the MM8077 features both unbalanced (RCA) and balanced (XLR) inputs, and each amp channel can be configured to use your choice of input connector. The loudspeaker terminals feature audiophile-grade construction, and are gold-plated for maximum signal transfer, and they can easily handle a wide range of audiophile speaker cable connectors.
The MM8077 features a DC trigger input for external power on/off control, and there’s also dual RC-5 remote control in/out jacks for connection to a compatible Marantz A/V pre-amp/processor.
The copper-plated chassis provides isolation from extraneous noise, and features a multi-layer reinforced bottom panel assembly for maximum rigidity along with triple-layer top cover. Elegantly finished in anodized black satin, the MM8077 features the classic Marantz ringed porthole display with a blue illumination accent that includes a display on/off function.
- 7-channel power amplifier
- 150 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- frequency response: 8-100,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 105 dB
- one unbalanced RCA and one balanced XLR input for each channel
- Discrete Current Feedback circuit for accurate, natural sound at all volume levels
- massive toroidal power transformer for high current and low noise
- DC trigger input/output
- D-Bus remote RC-5 input/output for connection to a compatible Marantz A/V preamp/processor
- IR flasher input
- gold-plated binding post speaker terminals
- detachable power cord
- 17-3/8"W x 7-3/16"H x 16-3/8"D
- weight: 45.41 lbs.