The MP-40 2.1 multichannel processor from Lyngdorf Audio offers the same sonic qualities and performance of the flagship processor, the MP-60 2.1, in a streamlined design for smaller immersive or surround sound home cinemas where less decoding channels are required. The MP-40 2.1 features 12 native channel decoding and 16 balanced audio outputs and offers full support of the immersive surround formats DOLBY ATMOS®, DTS:X® and AURO-3D®. Ease of installation and user-friendly features are complemented with a simplified feature allowing the chance for one to experience the performance that Lyngdorf Audio is famous for without all the bells and whistles.
State-of-the-art HDMI processing
With three HDMI inputs and two outputs, the MP-40 2.1 supports HDMI 2.1 including eARC, Dynamic Lip-Sync and QMS (Quick Media Switching) as well as the latest decoding and post-processing formats. It supports 40 Gbps fixed rate link (FRL) and 18 Gbps transition minimized differential signaling (TMDS) video rates, Variable refresh rate (VRR), Quick Frame Transport (or Fast Vactive), and auto low latency mode (ALLM) support and high dynamic range (HDR) metadata passthrough for HDMI dynamic HDR, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision™. eARC will allow for a full Dolby Atmos audio bitstream being returned to the processor from the television, ensuring full audio quality from the TV’s built-in media players.
RoomPerfect™ room correction
The MP-40 2.1 is equipped with Lyngdorf Audio’s proprietary RoomPerfect™ calibration technology, the world’s most sophisticated technology for adapting the sound system to the environment. The RoomPerfect™ calibration ensures a perfect surround sound experience in nearly any installation environment reducing or even eliminating bulky bass traps and other expensive acoustic treatment.
Control the MP-40 2.1 with an app
The “Lyngdorf Remote” app automatically discovers the MP-40 2.1 connected to your local network, and you will be able to adjust all the basic functions like input selection and volume level from your handheld device. The built-in media player can be controlled directly, and you can access music files stored on pen drives connected to the Lyngdorf MP-40 2.1 as well as search all files stored on your local hard drives. Swiping left and right gives you access to cover art as well as informing you of the signal resolution.
- Decoding: 12 decoding/upmixing channels, Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X, AURO-3D®, all legacy codecs
- Post processing options: Dolby Surround, AURO-MATIC®, DTS Neural:X
- Audio inputs: 3 x HDMI (≤192kHz/24bit), 1 x HDMI eARC, 1 x AES/EBU S/P-DIF input (≤192kHz/24bit), 3 x S/P-DIF coaxial inputs (≤192kHz/24bit), 4 x S/P-DIF optical inputs (≤96Hz/24bit), 1 x USB audio input (≤192kHz/32bit), 1 x microphone input (XLR) for RoomPerfect
- Audio outputs: 16 x XLR analog outputs (16 Vrms), 1 x SPDIF coax digital ZONE output (Fix 96kHz/24bit)
- Audio specifications: Frequency response: ±0,5dB from 20 to 20,000 Hz, Total harmonic distortion: 0.005% max from 20 to 20,000 Hz
- EQ: RoomPerfect™, Subwoofer level assistant, 32 x adjustable voicings holding ≤8 shelving, high/low pass or parametric filters with adjustable gain and Q
- Media player: Internet radio (vTuner), AirPlay, Spotify Connect, Roon Ready, DLNA Support of FAT32 based media storage (uPnP/see DLNA formats)
- Video inputs: 3 x HDMI 2.1 (HDCP 2.3), accepts 8k30 RGB/YCbCr 4:4:4 10-bit video, 8k60 YCbCr 4:2:0 10-bit high definition video, 4k120 4:4:4 10-bit high frame rate video, variable refresh rate (VRR), fast vactive (FVA), and auto low latency mode (ALLM) support, accepts HDR, Dolby Vision™ and HLG
- Video outputs: 2 x HDMI 2.1 (HDCP 2.3)
- Control interfaces: 1 x DB9 RS232 connector, 2 x IR sensor inputs, 1 x IR output (loop from one of the sensor inputs), 1 x trigger input, 4 x trigger outputs, 1 x RJ45 ethernet LAN connector, 2 x USB A connectors, 1 x SD card slot , (Backup – storage for system software and settings)
- Remote control: Infrared/RF
- Accessories included: RoomPerfect™ microphone, Microphone stand, Microphone cable, RF remote control
- Placement options: Rack mount and freestanding
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 14.0 x 45.0 x 35.9 cm / 5.51 x 17.7 x 14.1 inches
- Weight: 6.7 kg
Visit our showrooms
We know that there's nothing quite like seeing, hearing and feeling what a product is really like. Whether you're investigating a specific product or want to compare within a category, we can help.
Our experts teams will ensure that you have the best advice and products to choose from. Our Dublin Showroom is conveniently located with free parking. All with no obligation to buy.
What is a Phono Cartridge? In layman’s terms, a turntable works by dragging a small diamond through the grooves of your vinyl. The cartridge is a type of transducer, whose job is to turn the resulting vibrational energy into...
So you want music in the kitchen and the living room but don't know where to start? How to plan for a multiroom system; Speaker types (recessed, shelf/wall mount, soundbar); how many zones; type of use - high performance, background...