Building upon the class and style that made the STEREO 130 a rip-roaring success, the LEAK STEREO 230 adds more power, more functionality and more substance for the discerning audiophile.
Designed to be the perfect match for a wide variety of sources and provide higher levels of amplification, the LEAK STEREO 230 offers a 115w per channel output.
It also offers a newly developed HDMI ARC connectivity function to realise the highest quality audio in AV applications, for a fully equipped integrated amplifier to meet the demands of modern audiophiles and cinephiles.
The LEAK STEREO 230 can be connected to a host of analogue and digital sources, thanks to its diversity of inputs. A built-in Moving Magnet (MM) phono pre-amplifier allows for direct connection to turntable record players.
To fully accommodate the modern-day music enthusiast, much effort has been made to ensure the LEAK STEREO 230’s digital circuitry delivers the level of quality one might expect of a high-performance standalone D/A converter, let alone an integrated amplifier solution.
You can also stream music to the LEAK STEREO 230 from any Bluetooth device, such as portable music players, tablet PCs or smartphones, via the built-in aptX and AAC Bluetooth codec. One can therefore enjoy CD quality audio over the Bluetooth wireless connection.
Carefully designed in line with the LEAK ethos of performance, reliability and craftsmanship, the LEAK STEREO 230 matches contemporary performance with stand-out, classic LEAK styling.
Movie & Music Enthusiast at its Heart
The LEAK STEREO 230’s all-round performance is engaging, detailed and refined. Detail, timing and dynamics excel, regardless of source or medium. Designed for the modern-day movie and music enthusiast with a nod to our heritage, the LEAK STEREO 230 does not discriminate when it comes to expression and enjoyment of your music and movie reproduction.
Traditional audiophiles will recognise the assured quality in the high-quality, low-noise turntable input of the LEAK STEREO 230. Optimised for moving magnet cartridges, the JFET-based circuit offers precise RIAA equalisation in accordance with de facto industry standards for vinyl record playback.
The LEAK STEREO 230 uses a dedicated amplifier circuit with current-feedback technology for the headphone output. Equal in performance to standalone headphone amplifiers, beyond the price class of this complete system, the design offers high-speed output signal transition thanks to a high slew rate. The result is a dynamic, detailed and engaging performance with all manner of headphone types.
Conversion without Compromise
Utilising the acclaimed ES9038Q2M Reference chip with ESS Technology’s 32-bit HyperStream architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator, the LEAK STEREO 230 offers ultra-low noise, high dynamic range of digital audio files with a sampling rate of up to 768kHz (PCM) and DSD512.
Equipped with an Audio Return Channel (ARC) connection, the LEAK STEREO 230 integrates perfectly for home AV applications, bringing the LEAK Hi-Fi pedigree to your screen, too.
Design & Core Technology:
- 2 x 75W (8ohm) / 2 x 115W (4ohm) Class AB
- ST MOSFET TDA7293 Dual Parallel Amplifier
- ES9038Q2M 32-bit DAC
- Built-in Certified Hardware MQA Full Decoder (PC USB, Coax, Optical)
- Support Bluetooth 5.0 (aptX / aptX LL) streaming
- Low Noise Moving Magnet Phono stage
- Dedicated Current-Feedback Headphone AMP
- Support USB Upgrade
- 2 x Analogue, 1 x Phono (MM), 1 x SPDIF (Coax), 1 x SPDIF (Optical), 1 x HDMI ARC,
- 1 x PC USB (USB B), 1 x Bluetooth (aptX/aptX LL), 1 x 12V Trigger
- 1 x PRE Amplifier, 1 x Stereo Speaker, 1 x Headphone, 1 x 12V Trigger
- Optical/Coaxial: 44.1kHz ---192kHz
- PC USB: 44.1kHz-768kHz (PCM) / DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSD512
- Gain: +41dB (Phono MM)
- Input Sensitivity: 550mV (Line, Volume =MAX), 4.8mV (Phone MM, Volume=MAX)
- Input Impedance: 10K (Line) 47K // 100pF (Phono MM)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.001% (1kHz @2V, TONE=On)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz (+/-0.1dB)
- Output Voltage: 2.3V max. (Volume = MAX)
- Output Impedance: 100ohm
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >110dB (Line, A-weighted); >75dB (Phono MM, A-weighted)
- D to A Converter: ES9038Q2M
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.002% (1kHz @ 0dBFS)
- Output level (0dBFS, 1KHz): 2.3Vrms
- Max. Sampling Frequency: Optical, Coaxial: 192kHz, PC USB: PCM768kHz, DSD512
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (S/N): >115dB (A-weighted)
Power Amplifier Section:
- Gain: +32dB
- Rated Power Output: 2 x 75W (8ohm, THD<1%); 2 x 115W (4ohm, THD<1%)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz (+/-0.3dB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.003% (1kHz @30W/8ohm)
- Input Sensitivity: 550mV
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (S/N): >109dB (A-weighted)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.01% (1kHz, 50mW)
- Output Impedance: 4.7ohm
- Load Impedance: 16-600ohm
- Standby Power Consumption: <0.5W
- Net Weight: 12.7kg (Walnut) / 11.1kg (Silver)
- Gross Weight: 15.2kg (Walnut) / 12.7kg (Silver)
- Dimensions (mm) (W x H x D): 328 x 147 x 414 (Walnut) / 300 x 115 x 414 (Silver)
- Carton Size (mm) (W x H x D): 514 x 428 x 210 (Walnut / Silver)